Things to Do
Wahkiakum County is rural America. Total population around 4000. No big box stores. No fast food franchises. No stop lights.
You will find friendly small businesses, farmers markets, restaurants and coffee shops. Roads are quiet. Traffic is light and natural beauty is everywhere.
- Calendar of Local Events
- Skamokawa Vista Park
- Friends of Skamokawa Redmen Hall
- Columbia River Kayaking
- Wahkiakum Historical Society Museum
- Wahkiakum Chamber
Riverside walks at Skamokawa Vista Park are a short walk away. Also in walking distance: the local museum, book and gift shop at Redmen Hall. Flat, quiet and tree-lined roads are ready for walking and biking at the nearby Julia Butler Hanson Refuge for the Columbian White-Tailed Deer. Kayakers can take advantage of local tours and instruction from nearby Columbia River Kayaking – one of the top kayaking tour services on the West Coast.
The Twin Gables private dock is just a few steps from the front door of the inn and 100 yards from the Columbia River. The dock’s length is 27 feet, making it the perfect platform for docking small cabin cruisers or fishing boats. A public launch ramp just across the road makes for easy kayak unloading and launching right from your car top or trailer. The more skilled and adventurous can use their own watercraft to explore Steamboat Slough, Price Island or other parts of the Lower Columbia estuary. For day-long river paddles, we’ll pack you a lunch!.
Other Local Places to Eat
- Maria’s Place – Mexican (Downtown Cathlamet) – 360-795-3032
- Duck Inn & Lounge – American – (Skamokawa) – 360-795-3655
- Duffy’s Irish Pub – Eclectic Atmosphere and Menu, full bar / Riverview deck (Gray’s River) – 360-465-2898
- Bottom’s Up Espresso, an independent food cart: Sandwiches, and More – (Cathlamet Marina) – 360-261-8906
- PJ’s Pizza, Burgers, Breakfast and More – (Cathlamet) – 360-795-0505
- Sharon’s Take ‘n Bake Pizza, Sub Sandwiches, Salads, and More (Cathlamet) – 360-795-3311
- Lulu’s Burger Shack – American Drive-In (no eat-in) 232 West State Route 4, Cathlamet 360-795-3060
Enjoy some photos of things to do in and around our area.
Click on thumbnail image to view slideshow.